Vastned Retail Belgium invests in the best shopping streets of Bruges, Ghent, Antwerp and Brussels and in prime retail warehouses. This focus on quality will contribute to achieve more stable and predictable results.
The company pursues an investment strategy geared toward high-quality commercial real estate properties, which are leased to first-class tenants. Commercial real estate properties consist of retail properties located in Belgium. These real estate properties preferably require no major repair work in the short term and are commercially strategically situated at good locations. Residential properties, offices and logistics properties are, in principle, not the subject of investment. Vastned Retail Belgium believes that popular shopping streets in the city centres of major cities guarantee the most authentic and unique shopping experience while at the same time offering the greatest security as a long-term investment. Based on currently identifiable trends in the retail market, Vastned Retail Belgium wishes to focus on “core city assets”. Core cities are attractive shopping cities that have positive demographic growth, strong purchasing power, a historic city centre, are highly attractive to tourists and are home to national and international institutions and universities. These include cities such as Antwerp, Brussels, Bruges and Ghent. Vastned Retail Belgium will focus exclusively on the prime shopping streets in the historic centres of these cities.
The aim is to achieve the strategic goal of investing 75% of the portfolio in the segment of core city assets. For the remaining 25%, Vastned Retail Belgium will continue to invest in high-quality retail warehouse locations and inner-city locations in other cities.